Yesterday I went to mass, confession and adoration. I have been feeling disconnected– lost in and consumed by my own worries, struggles and fears.
It was a gloriously sunny and warm day which is so rare for the Northeast in February. Sun streamed into the sanctuary and I felt truly blessed. I was struck with gratitude for all that God has made possible for me, realizing that I would not be drawn to the sacraments on a sunny Saturday morning on my own power.
Too often, I make the mistake of forgetting who God really is and all that He has done for me.
Today I was inspired by all of the things that he will NOT do. How do I know? He gave me His word.
Top Ten Things God Will Not Do
- Abandon me. I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. John 14:18
- Give me more than I can handle with His help. Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22
- Forget about me. Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Isaiah 49:15
- Stop loving me. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5
- Fail to supply me in my need. Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. Matthew 6:31-32
- Ask me to give something without providing even more abundantly. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back. Luke 6:38
- Be heard above the din of the world’s noise. For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.Psalm 62:1
- Do it my way. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. Isaiah 55:8
- Withhold mercy. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his mercy endures forever. Daniel 3:89
- Break His promises. I will never break my covenant with you. Judges 2:1